City and Gateway Draft Urban Design Framework
Share your views on the Draft Framework that will set the overarching principles to guide future development and urban renewal initiatives along the Northbourne Avenue corridor into the city centre
The National Capital Authority (NCA) together with the ACT Government have developed the City and Gateway Draft Urban Design Framework (the Draft Framework) to optimise the benefits from urban renewal by prioritising people and how they interact and move about the city.
We would like to hear your views on the Draft Framework and if the urban renewal vision, principles and directions reflect what has been discussed during Stage 1 community engagement.
Getting this overarching Draft Framework right is important, as it coordinates and informs several implementation initiatives through future changes to the dual planning controls of the National Capital Plan (managed by the NCA) and the Territory Plan (managed by the ACT Government), and any infrastructure upgrades throughout the city and gateway corridor. There will be further opportunities to have your say on proposed changes to planning controls and infrastructure project once the Draft Framework is finalised.
Consultation starts – 1 March 2018
- Come and have your say and talk to ACT and National Capital Authority planners at the ‘Meet the Planner’ sessions:
- Dickson Shops – Friday 2 March, 3pm – 6pm
- Downer Shops – Tuesday 6 March, 10am – 1pm
- Civic Square (180 London Circuit) – Friday 9 March, 11am – 2pm
- Lyneham Shops – Wednesday 14 March, 3pm – 6pm
- O’Connor Shops – Thursday 15 March, 3pm – 6pm
- Ainslie Shops – Saturday 17 March, 10am – 1pm (ACT only)
- Latin American Plaza (Crn Marcus Clarke St and Rimmer St, City West) – Thursday 22 March, 11am – 2pm
- Consultation closes - 27 April 2018.
For more information and how to provide feedback on the Draft Framework, please visit www.yoursay.act.gov.au