The health and safety of the community and staff is the National Capital Authority’s (NCA) main concern as we continue to take action to mitigate the risks posed by the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
The NCA is reviewing our operations on an on-going basis in line with advice from health officials and Government.
Public programs and business dealings will be conducted following COVID-19 guidelines and we will continue to practice social distancing, good hygiene and other risk mitigation measures in all of our operations.
Current review outcomes:
- All NCA Attractions are governed by COVID-19 guidelines and all visitors are required to check in with the CBR app
- The National Capital Exhibition has reopened to the public but is following COVID-19 guidelines for school excursions so can accept one school only per hour but can accommodate 3 groups of 30 students
- Blundells Cottage has reopened for its usual Saturday hours 10 am - 2 pm
- Little Griffins pre-schooler program on the last Friday of each month at the National Capital Exhibition has returned to the National Capital Exhibition but is following current COVID-19 guidelines
- NCA managed playgrounds are open and social distancing measures apply. This includes Boundless, Commonwealth Park and Regatta Point playground
- Pay parking operations are still in force throughout NCA managed car parks and all NCA sites remain open. The EasyPark app is now in place to ensure contactless payment for parking in support of COVID measures
- There are no changes to the Works Approval process but there may be delays if staff need to isolate at any time
- Aspen Island is open to the public, but the National Carillon is still undergoing works. Whilst the regular concerts are not being performed, you may hear music on Tuesdays and Thursdays as the carillonists ‘run in’ the new mechanisms.
We continue to closely monitor the developing situation regarding the coronavirus and will follow all advice from authorities. Our agency contacts remain the same via email on email@example.com or by phone on 02 6271 2888.