The health and safety of the community and staff is the National Capital Authority’s (NCA) main concern as we take action to mitigate the risks posed by the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
The NCA is reviewing our operations on an on-going basis in line with advice from health officials and Government.
Wherever possible we are planning to pivot our public programs and business dealings to teleconference or digital spaces while we practice social distancing, good hygiene and other risk mitigation measures in all of our operations.
Current review outcomes:
- The National Capital Exhibition and Blundells Cottage continue to be closed to the public until further advice.
- In keeping with the ACT Government's announcement on Tuesday 12 May 2020, the NCA will be reopening its playgrounds from Saturday 16 May. This includes the Boundless Playground. Please note that social distancing measures are still in place and your cooperation is appreciated.
- As per Government advice the NCA’s workforce will continue to be primarily working from home, (where possible). We appreciate your patience as we continue to adapt to these new working arrangements.
- All NCA managed meetings will continue to be managed via teleconference. Board meetings will be in keeping with social distancing measures and teleconferences where applicable.
- Public and volunteer programs continue to be postponed
- There are no changes to the Works Approval process but there may be delays if staff need to isolate at any time. Please see more here.
- We will need to celebrate the Carillon’s 50th birthday later in its birthday year and not on the 26th April 2020 as previously planned.
- The NCA is experiencing a number of enquiries regarding the pay parking operations within NCA managed car parks. There have been a number of reports surrounding parking enforcement, and some confusion around the closure of a number of the Cultural Institutions that have associated car parks. The NCA wishes to advise that pay parking operations are still in force throughout NCA managed car parks and all NCA sites remain open. Should the parking operations change the NCA will be sure to update the Community via our social media channels and via the website.
- The Water Police Power Boat Inspection Report is no longer a requirement of the Boat Permit Application process at this time. Read more here.
- Whist the NCA appreciates that Central Basin loop around Lake Burley Griffin is a key access route, the NCA encourages where possible for pedestrians and cyclists to travel in a clockwise direction. This recommendation will assist with the 1.5 m social distancing rule.
We continue to closely monitor the developing situation regarding the coronavirus and will follow all advice from authorities. Our agency contacts remain the same via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (02) 6271 2888.