Agency updates: Coronavirus
Updated 15 September 2021
The health and safety of the community and staff is the National Capital Authority’s (NCA) main concern as we continue to take action to mitigate the risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes asking all Canberrans to stay home and exercise in their local community, as per ACT Government requests.
The NCA is reviewing our operations on an on-going basis in line with advice from health officials and Government policies and guidelines.
With the additional extension to the Territory lockdown by the ACT Government, to 15 October 2021, the following arrangements are in place:
- The NCA office situated in Parkes, Canberra, is closed. Staff will be working from home until further notice. Our contractors and staff will take action to address high priority visitor health and safety matters and any immediate or emerging hazards.
- With more Officers working from home with families, there are extended delays to the Works Approval process.
- Pay parking operations remain the same in NCA managed car parks. The EasyPark app is in place to ensure contactless payment.
- The National Capital Exhibition at Regatta Point and Blundells Cottage in Kings Park will be closed until further notice.
- Outdoor playgrounds are now open in line with ACT Government guidelines. Please ensure physical distancing is maintained wherever practicable. These playgrounds include Boundless at Kings Park, the Castle Playground at Commonwealth Park and the Regatta Point Playground.
- All maintenance and construction activity is being managed in line with ACT Government guidelines.
- Events on national land will be suspended until further notice.
Please refer to this page for any further updates.
We continue to closely monitor the developing COVID-19 situation in the ACT and will follow all advice from authorities.
During this time, please direct any routine queries to firstname.lastname@example.org, for any urgent maintenance issues or safety hazards please call our BGIS maintenance team on 1800 045 941.