The National Capital Authority (NCA) has prepared a Consultation Report for Works Approval application 19930 (WA19930), an internal application lodged by NCA Estate Development and Renewal for the demolition and permanent closure of part of Bowen Place (East of Kings Avenue).
The Report was prepared in accordance with the NCA's 'Commitment to Community Engagement (February 2015)' which details how the NCA conducts consultation. The full consultation report is below.
Purpose of Report
The purpose of the report is to provide a greater level of consistency and transparency in the NCA's decision making process. The Consultation Report outlines the submissions received and provides responses to any of the issues raised. Public consultation took place between 18 May 2015 and 5 June 2015.
The NCA received one written submission during the consultation period. The key issues raised during public consultation were:
- Inconvenience of temporary closure and justification for permanent closure is invalid.
- Information regarding risk of this road against other intersections.
- Support for cloverleaf style interchanges and that alternative arrangement proposed will be confusing.
- Closure of road prior to completion of master planning for Kings Avenue.
- Traffic demand from potential increased development in the area.
On 1 July 2015, works approval was granted to WA19930 for the demolition and permanent closure of part of Bowen Place (East of Kings Avenue).
For further information, please contact the Works Approvals Team on email@example.com or by phone 6271 2888.