The National Capital Authority (NCA) has prepared a Consultation Report for Works Approval application WA20277.
On 10 February 2016, the NCA received an application for Works Approval from the Capital Metro Agency for the construction of works associated with Stage 1 light rail within the Northbourne Avenue and Federal Highway corridor.
In accordance with the NCA’s Commitment to Community Engagement (February 2015) protocol, the WA application was open for community consultation to provide the wider Canberra community, Government and local business an opportunity to provide meaningful feedback. This included:
- Extended consultation period: Extended from 15 business days to 20 business days (one month total), from 18 February – 18 March 2016 inclusive.
- Public information session: Held on 1 March 2016 and attended by approximately 40 members of the public.
- Direct mail: The NCA wrote to adjoining lessees on the corridor advising of the consultation process and invited comments.
- Online comments: Feedback was welcomed on the NCA’s website.
- Site signage: Erected along the affected corridor.
A total of 16 submissions were received on the application during the consultation period. All submissions were considered as part of the NCA’s decision making process. Comments closed on 18 March 2016.
Works Approval was granted on 27 April 2016 for the works associated with the construction of Stage 1 light rail.