Block 3 Section 65 Campbell (Academy Close) – Construction of 30 Residential Dwellings, Associated Landscaping and Civil Works
The National Capital Authority (NCA) has received a works approval application from Defence Housing Australia for the construction of 30 residential dwellings, associated landscaping and civil works located at Block 3 Section 65 Campbell (Academy Close).
This works approval comprises:
- Construction of 30 new (one and two storey) residential dwellings;
- Installation of a second entry point into the Academy Close Precinct from Truscott Street. TCCS has advised that a second entry point is required to improve internal circulation through the site while meeting current standards, guidelines and achieving good engineering practice;
- New landscaping including street tree planting along the internal loop road (Academy Close) and along Truscott Street;
- New landscaping to individual dwellings;
- Two dedicated areas of open space are provided within the Academy Close Precinct; and
- Associated civil works.
The proposal will be assessed against the National Capital Plan: Part 2 – Statement of Planning Principles, Part 4.9 – Australian Defence Force Academy, Royal Military College Duntroon and Campbell Park Precinct Code and Part 4.19 – Design and Siting General Code.
The plans and supporting documentation for this application can be viewed below.
The NCA welcomes feedback on this application by COB, Friday 28 August 2020. Submissions can be made by:
- Email to email@example.com
- Writing to GPO Box 373, Canberra ACT 2601