Canberra's national public spaces include a range of excellent venues within the Parliamentary Zone. The National Capital Authority (NCA) manages these sites on behalf of the Commonwealth and is responsible for approving the use of National Land for events, ensuring that events are in keeping with the dignity of the National Capital and comply with legislative requirements.
The following venues can be booked for your event:
- Anzac Parade
- Aspen Island
- Commonwealth Park East
- Commonwealth Park West
- Commonwealth Place
- Constitution Place
- East and West Lawns
- Federation Mall
- John Dunmore Lang Place
- Kings Park
- Lake Burley Griffin - Central Basin
- Lake Burley Griffin - East Basin
- Lake Burley Griffin - Tarcoola Reach
- Lake Burley Griffin - West Basin
- Lake Burley Griffin - West Lake/Lotus Bay
- Lake Burley Griffin - Yarralumla Bay
- Lake Burley Griffin - Yarramundi Reach
- Magna Carta Place
- National Rose Gardens
- Old Parliament House - House of Representatives Gardens
- Old Parliament House - Senate Gardens
- Patrick White Lawns
- Rond Terrace
- Springbank Island
Control of venues
Many areas in Canberra are managed by the ACT Government. These include:
- Lennox Gardens/Nara Park
- Weston Park
- Glebe Park
- Black Mountain Peninsula
- Yarramundi Reach
To book these areas, visit the Transport Canberra and City Services website or contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
Organisers of weddings, birthdays parties, engagement parties, vow renewals, farewells, etc. can find further information on Private events on National Land here.
Organisers of commercial or community events should can find further information on Public events on National Land here.
For further information, contact the NCA events team on (02) 6271 2888.