This semi-circular park adjoins the House of Representatives Garden at Old Parliament House. Originally developed by Charles Weston, Canberra’s first superintendent of parks and gardens, Constitution Place was officially named in 1998, and remains a calm space in the heart of the Parliamentary Triangle. Constitution Place is ideal for small events.
Further information and conditions of use
When you use Constitution Place there are some conditions that you need to comply with. These are:
- No structures or signs are to be erected without the prior approval in writing of the National Capital Authority. Tables, chairs and decorations are permitted, but must be removed immediately following the function;
- The use of PA systems must not exceed standard domestic specifications. Larger systems will require additional approval subject to EPA conditions and event approval;
- Ensure that if you are playing live music at your event you have acquired a licence from the Australasian Performing Right Association and the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia to cover any copyright issues;
- Public access must be maintained at all times;
- Your activity is to be managed in an orderly manner and the area left in a clean condition. It is the responsibility of the event organiser is to ensure that the activity is safely conducted;
- It is a condition of approval that the approval ceases when a delegate gives written notice to the holder of the approval, or to a representative of the holder of the approval, that the approval is cancelled. A delegate can give such notice as the delegate sees fit in their absolute discretion, including where the delegate considers that the event should not proceed due to safety or public health concerns; and
- If you require power or gate access, please contact the Authority on (02) 6271 2888 one week before the event to arrange collection of the key/s. A $25.00 bond is required for the use of power, refundable upon its return. Keys may be collected during business hours from the National Capital Authority, Ground Floor, Treasury Building, King Edward Terrace, Parkes. The Authority is not open on weekends.
- Various public carparks in the Parliamentary Zone.
- 3 × double 15A single phase;
- 1 × 32A 3 phase
Public toilets and water taps located in the House of Representatives Gardens, Old Parliament House
For further information please refer to the NCA Event Organiser’s Safe Event Guide (Toolkit)