These two grassed areas, located off King Edward Terrace in the Parliamentary Zone, are ideal for social and community events. East and West Lawns are also home to the Federation Centenary Fountains, which provide a stunning backdrop to any event.
Further information and conditions of use
When you use East and West Lawns there are some conditions that you need to comply with. These are:
- No structures or signs are to be erected without the prior approval in writing of the National Capital Authority. Tables, chairs and decorations are permitted, but must be removed immediately following the function;
- Structures are not permitted within the Land Axis;
- The use of PA systems must not exceed standard domestic specifications. Larger systems will require additional approval subject to EPA conditions and event approval;
- Ensure that if you are playing live music at your event you have acquired a licence from the Australasian Performing Right Association and the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia to cover any copyright issues;
- Public access must be maintained at all times;
- Your activity is to be managed in an orderly manner and the area left in a clean condition. It is the responsibility of the event organiser is to ensure that the activity is safely conducted;
- It is a condition of approval that the approval ceases when a delegate gives written notice to the holder of the approval, or to a representative of the holder of the approval, that the approval is cancelled. A delegate can give such notice as the delegate sees fit in their absolute discretion, including where the delegate considers that the event should not proceed due to safety or public health concerns; and
- If you require power or gate access, please contact the Authority on (02) 6271 2888 one week before the event to arrange collection of the key/s. A $25.00 bond is required for the use of power refundable upon its return. Keys may be collected during business hours from the National Capital Authority, Ground Floor, Treasury Building, King Edward Terrace, Parkes. The Authority is not open on weekends.
- Two open grassed rectangular areas.
- Various public carparks in the Parliamentary Zone.
- 2 × 32A single phase;
- 6 × 15A single phase; and
- 2 × 32A 3 phase.
- Public toilets located adjacent to The Lobby Restaurant.
Water taps are located on site.
For further information please refer to the NCA Event Organiser’s Safe Event Guide (Toolkit)