John Dunmore Lang Place, located on King Edward Terrace, is a spacious grassed area in the heart of the Parliamentary Triangle. John Dunmore Lang place is suitable for private functions and community events.
Features of John Dunmore Lang Place
- Reconciliation Mound
Features of Reconciliation Place
- Large Grassed Area;
- Various Artworks
John Dunmore Lang Place is the perfect venue for:
- Multi-sports events;
- Major Events;
- Temporary public events / performances
- Public Celebrations;
- Charity Events;
- Filming and Photography;
Further information and conditions of use
When you use John Dunmore Lang Place there are some conditions that you need to comply with. These are:
- No structures or signs are permitted without the prior approval in writing of the National Capital Authority. Tables, chairs and decorations are allowed, but must be removed immediately following the event;
- Structures are not permitted within the Land Axis
- Ensure that any event related structures are erected on the event venue in accordance with the pre inspection site mark out of irrigation lines and sprinkler heads;
- Ensure there is no negative impact upon trees and vegetation in and adjacent to, the event area;
- Ensure a post event inspection of the area is coordinated following the event with relevant stakeholders for irrigation and landscape management.
- Ensure that if you are playing live music at your event you have acquired a licence from the Australasian Performing Right Association and the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia to cover any copyright issues;
- Your activity is to be managed in an orderly manner and the area left in a clean condition. It is the responsibility of the event organiser to ensure that the activity is safely conducted;
- The use of PA systems must not exceed standard domestic specifications. Larger systems will require additional approval subject to EPA conditions and event approval;
- Public access must be maintained at all times;
- All vehicles are to park in the designated parking areas. No vehicles are to be parked on grassed areas or the paved pedestrian paths of the Lawns;
- It is a condition of approval that the approval ceases when a delegate gives written notice to the holder of the approval, or to a representative of the holder of the approval, that the approval is cancelled. A delegate can give such notice as the delegate sees fit in their absolute discretion, including where the delegate considers that the event should not proceed due to safety or public health concerns; and
- If you require power, please contact the Authority on (02) 6271 2888 one week before the event to arrange collection of the key/s. A $25.00 bond is required for the use of the power key, refundable upon its return. Keys may be collected during business hours from the National Capital Authority, Ground Floor, Treasury Building, King Edward Terrace, Parkes. The Authority is not open on weekends.
- Large grassed area.
- Various public carparks in the Parliamentary Triangle.
- John Dunmore Lang Place:
- 6 x 15A single phase; and
- 1 x 32A 3 phase.
- 1 x single 15 amp 240 volt; and
- 1 x 3 phase 20 amp 415 volt
For further information please refer to the NCA Event Organiser’s Safe Event Guide (Toolkit)