Kings Park adjoins Commonwealth Park on the northern side of Lake Burley Griffin. The Park features a natural undulating landscape incorporating historic Blundells Cottage and a number of commemorative works, and is the access point to Aspen Island and the National Carillon.
Features of Kings Park include:
- The National Police Memorial;
- The National Workers Memorial;
- Emergency Services Memorial;
- HMAS Canberra Memorial;
- Merchant Navy Memorial;
- Boundless Playground; and
- Blundells Cottage
Further information and conditions of use
When you use Kings Park there are some conditions that you need to comply with. These are:
- No structures or signs are permitted without the prior approval in writing of the National Capital Authority. Tables, chairs and decorations are allowed, but must be removed immediately following the event.
- Ensure that any event related structures are erected on the event venue in accordance with the pre inspection site mark out of irrigation lines and sprinkler heads.
- Ensure there is no negative impact upon trees and vegetation in and adjacent to, the event area.
- Ensure a post event inspection of the area is coordinated following any large event with relevant stakeholders for irrigation and landscape management.
- Ensure that if you are playing live music at your event you have acquired a licence from the Australasian Performing Right Association and the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia to cover any copyright issues.
- Your activity is to be managed in an orderly manner and the area left in a clean condition. It is the responsibility of the event organiser to ensure that the activity is safely conducted.
- The use of PA systems must not exceed standard domestic specifications. Larger systems will require additional approval subject to EPA conditions and event approval.
- Public access must be maintained at all times.
- All vehicles are to be parked in the designated parking areas. No vehicles are to be parked on grassed areas or the paved pedestrian paths of the Lawns.
- It is a condition of approval that the approval ceases when a delegate gives written notice to the holder of the approval, or to a representative of the holder of the approval, that the approval is cancelled. A delegate can give such notice as the delegate sees fit in their absolute discretion, including where the delegate considers that the event should not proceed due to safety or public health concerns.
- If you require power, please contact the Authority on (02) 6271 2888 one week before the event to arrange collection of the key/s. A $25.00 bond is required for the use of the power key, refundable upon its return. Keys may be collected during business hours from the National Capital Authority, Ground Floor, Treasury Building, King Edward Terrace, Parkes. The Authority is not open on weekends.
- Large grassed area.
- Three public car parks with access off Kings Avenue onto Wendouree Drive. Parking for approved major events will utilise formally designated car parks outside of the area. No parking will be allowed on any grassed or landscaped areas without prior NCA approval
- 5 x double 15A single phase; and
- 1 x 32A 3 phase.
- Public toilets located at the Kings Park recreational area
- Water taps; and
For further information please refer to the NCA Event Organisers' Safe Event Guide