The Rond Terraces are situated at the southern end of Anzac Parade on the northern foreshore of Lake Burley Griffin's Central Basin. They adjoin Commonwealth Park and Kings Park and are superbly located with views across the Lake to Commonwealth Place and Parliament House. The site features a number of grass terraces set in quality landscape surroundings and is well suited to a range of event types.
Memorials within the area include the National Emergency Services Memorial which is located on the east side of Rond Terrace
- Grassed Area -8100m2
- Scoria Area – 4620m2
Uses of Rond Terrace in accordance with the Heritage Management Plan
- Ceremonial and Commemorative
- Australia Day Celebrations
- Filming and Photography
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Public Gatherings
- Special Events
- Memorial Parades
Further information and conditions of use
When you use Rond Terraces there are some conditions that you need to comply with. These are:
- No structures or signs are to be erected without the prior approval in writing of the National Capital Authority. Tables, chairs and decorations are permitted, but must be removed immediately following the function;
- Structures are not permitted within the Land Axis
- Ensure that any event related structures are erected on the event venue in accordance with the pre inspection site mark out of irrigation lines and sprinkler heads;
- Ensure there is no negative impact upon trees and vegetation in and adjacent to, the event area;
- Ensure a post event inspection of the area is coordinated following large events with relevant stakeholders for irrigation and landscape management;
- The use of PA systems must not exceed standard domestic specifications. Larger systems will require additional approval subject to EPA conditions and event approval;
- Ensure that if you are playing live music at your event you have acquired a licence from the Australasian Performing Right Association and the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia to cover any copyright issues;
- Public access must be maintained at all times;
- All vehicles are to be parked in the designated parking areas. No vehicles are to be parked on grassed areas or the paved pedestrian paths of the Terraces.
- Your activity is to be managed in an orderly manner and the area left in a clean condition. It is the responsibility of the event organiser is to ensure that the activity is safely conducted;
- It is a condition of approval that the approval ceases when a delegate gives written notice to the holder of the approval, or to a representative of the holder of the approval, that the approval is cancelled. A delegate can give such notice as the delegate sees fit in their absolute discretion, including where the delegate considers that the event should not proceed due to safety or public health concerns; and
- If you require power or gate access, please contact the Authority on (02) 6271 2888 one week before the event to arrange collection of the key/s. A $25.00 bond is required for the use of power and or gates, refundable upon its return. Keys may be collected during business hours from the National Capital Authority, Ground Floor, Treasury Building, King Edward Terrace, Parkes. The Authority is not open on weekends.
- Grassed terraced.
- Scoria Area
- Public carpark adjacent to Terraces with capacity of 75 spaces.
- Further parking available at Kings and Commonwealth Parks or Anzac Park East and West car parks off Constitution Avenue.
- Major events will have a traffic management plan that considers; the need for any road or car park closures and associated signage
- 3 x double 15 amp 240 v
- 1 x 3 phase 32 amp 415 v Quantity 8
- Water taps located on site
- Toilets are located at Commonwealth Park East next to the Parkes Way underpass.
For further information please refer to the NCA Event Organiser’s Safe Event Guide (Toolkit)