The venues for which the NCA accepts bookings are listed in Venues on National Land.
Points to Note
- Popular venues such as Old Parliament House Gardens and Aspen Island, book out early!
- Click here for more information on Venues on National Land, to check availably and book.
- The NCA cannot guarantee exclusive use of a venue as they are public spaces
- There are several separate venues within Aspen Island and the Old Parliament House Gardens so there may be more than one wedding at the same time
- There is a $110 fee for works applications if you plan to erect any structures(see ëWhat to Doí in Planning an Event)
- There is a $250 refundable bond for the issue of NCA keys. (Keys are required to access power outlets and/or entrance gates)
- You are responsible for the safe conduct of your wedding ceremony
- Weddings are not permitted at the Changi Chapel, Duntroon or on Anzac Parade
- Several public parks and gardens along the foreshore of Lake Burley Griffin are managed by the ACT Government. Their permission is required to use the land for events. NCA approval is required for associated temporary structures on this land
If you choose Aspen Island for your special day; you may like to consider a recital played especially for you! Contact the Estate Approvals and Compliance Officer for more information on (02) 6271 2888
- Click here for more information on Venues on National Land
- Click here to check availability and register your interest
You also need to complete an Application for Works Approval if you are erecting any temporary structures. Download PDF - 88 kb | RTF - 474 Kb (print and fax), or use the Electronic Form available here.
Wedding Photographs on National Land
If you are planning to have your wedding photographed on National Land in the central parts of Canberra, please be aware it is an offense to park a vehicle on the landscaped spaces. This includes access paths, grassed areas and paved surfaces in and around the national institutions, Old Parliament House Gardens and East and West Lawns. Vehicles driving and parking on open space cause damage to the landscape such as, tree roots, plants and irrigation infrastructure. Vehicles can also impact pedestrian access and safety.
If you wish to have wedding photographs taken on National Land in the central parts of Canberra, ask your driver to stop on the side of the road and walk the short distance to the location. Please note that areas sign posted as 'No Parking' can be used for drop off and pick up points of passengers without the risk of being issued an infringement, provided the vehicle moves on as soon as practicable. If you wish to have wedding vehicles in your photographs, you will be required to seek the approval of the National Capital Authority.
Substantial damage is caused by vehicles driven and parked illegally on open space. Infringement notices may be issued to vehicles that are illegally parked.
For assistance with the organisation and co-ordination of your wedding on national land contact the Estate Approvals and Compliance Officer. Phone: (02) 6272 2901 | Fax: 6273 4427