When an event is considered appropriate, it will then be assessed for the proposed venue against the following criteria prior to determining final approval:
- the organiser's capacity to stage and manage the event
- venue capacity and the impact on infrastructure
- safety for the public and event organisers
- the scale and extent of the event and associated structures
- the timing and duration of the event
- potential conflicts with other events and special occasions
- environmental impact
- public access to surrounding areas and amenities
- public or exclusive access to the event
- requirements and approvals external to the Authority, such as those of the Police, Australian Capital Territory WorkCover and Environment Australian Capital Territory
- national security.
Detail required for the evaluation of any or all of the assessment criteria will be commensurate with the nature of the event - be it a major event, general event or a function.