Will you accept the challenge?
WHAT: Lake Burley Griffin Water Week Challenge Cup 2018 is a relay kayak race in Central Basin.
WHEN: Friday 19 October 2018. Race begins at 5:00pm
TEAMS: Teams will have a minimum of three and maximum of six participants. Teams can choose to change all, some or no kayakers at the halfway point. Your team numbers could be a strategic decision.
WHO: Participants are to be over the age of 8. Supervising adults must be with any participants under the age of 12.
WHERE: Commonwealth Place West Jetty, Lake Burley Griffin.
REGISTRATIONS: $80.00 Team registration fee. Register by Thursday 11 October at www.eventplus.net/LBG18 or call 6271 2858
WHY: National Water Week & the 2018-2019 Lake Burley Griffin Recreational Season.
RACE SAFETY INFORMATION AND RULES: Full race Safety Information, Rules and Terms of Participation are available here.
- Parking is available at the National Library or Questacon car parks. Map attached
- Race participants are to arrive between 3.15pm and 4:00pm and register at the marshalling marquee
- There will be a how to paddle class on the jetty at 4.15pm
- Race participants will begin to launch for the first leg of the relay at 4.35pm with race commencing at 5:00pm
- There will be a safety briefing at the starting line at 4.45pm
- Relay change over will be at the duck board
- Presentation of Challenge Cup and medals at 6.15pm
- All equipment is provided, but wear a hat
- All personal property is your responsibility
- For everyone's safety, please adhere to the rules of the race
- Have fun
BEFORE RACE DAY:
- Encourage (or challenge) your friends and colleagues to participate
- Lake Burley Griffin has so much to offer! Find out about a Lake User Group here
- Find out more about National Water Week here
- The 2018-2019 Lake Burley Griffin recreational season begins from mid October. Find Lake Burley Griffin water quality information at www.theswimguide.org or download the free Swim Guide app
- If the event is cancelled due to poor weather conditions, team captains will be notified by phone as soon as possible
The National Capital Authority would like to thank and acknowledge our charity partner Royal Life Saving ACT