Manager, ICT Infrastructure & Applications
To be eligible to work with the NCA you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be willing to undergo a medical examination if applicable
- undertake a security assessment to the requisite standard
- have completed the 'redundancy benefit period' if you received a redundancy benefit from an Australian Public Service (APS) agency or a non-APS Commonwealth employer.
About the National Capital Authority (NCA)
The NCA performs the role of trustee of the National Capital and, in this capacity, serves the interests of the Australian Government, the nation and its people. The NCA is responsible for:
- shaping the National Capital into the future.
- managing and enhancing the nationally significant parts of Canberra.
- fostering awareness of Canberra as Australia’s National Capital.
The NCA’s key strategic objectives over the period 2021-22 to 2023-24 are:
- People – Encouraging Australians and visitors to celebrate and share the story of the nation through Canberra, our National Capital.
- Place – Excellence in the care and stewardship of the National Capital’s special and symbolic places.
- Plan – Strategic Planning and oversight of the places and spaces of national importance in Canberra.
About the Business Systems Section
The Business Systems Section mission is to:
- enable the better integration of NCA’s business systems and facilitate a smoother operational environment for the organisation.
- underpin the work of the entire organisation and help deliver more efficient and effective outcomes and services to internal and external stakeholders.
The role of the Manager, ICT Infrastructure & Applications requires a combination of technical and soft skills, such as contract management, leadership, communications and relationship building. Additionally, the Manager must adopt a continuous approach to learning and up-skilling in order to maintain pace with the cyber threat landscape and new business systems and application development to support process improvement technologies. It is expected that the Manager show innovation and imagination in conceiving and delivering strategies and improved ICT customer service standards for the agency.
- Manage the Information Communications and Technology (ICT) contract management operations with a strong focus on continual improvement, innovation and delivery of cost effective customer service delivery outputs.
- Manage the ICT infrastructure, licensing and third party applications including the timely facilitation of cyclical ICT reviews and audits; ICT disaster recovery development and monitoring activities; and day-to-day ICT managed service provider contract deliverables.
- Provide strategic peer advice on ICT infrastructure and application functions including alignment with ICT and digital value for money solutions and cyber security risk management.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across the agency to identify opportunities for improvement that can be delivered by new or improved ICT and business systems. Develop and deliver new business systems to meet the needs of the line areas across the agency.
- Oversee the delivery of enabling application services across the agency, including ICT project and contract management, business continuity and disaster recovery, M365, website, intranet, asset management, geospatial, records and information management, workplace health and safety and other core applications.
- Support the Manager, Security Operations and the Director, Business Systems & CIO in the strategic and operational performance management of the Section.
- Lead and manage staff to deliver the agreed outputs of the NCA and to develop and motivate the team to achieve the required strategic goals of the Section.
- Have well-developed contract and project management stakeholder engagement skills and be able to represent the agency at a range of forums.
- Manage contracts, consultants and service providers to deliver high quality outcomes on time and within budget.
- Participate as a constructive member of the NCA and provide reasonable support as required.
For further information about the duties of the position, please contact Ken Gibson (Contact Officer) on 02 6271 2888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ability to gain and maintain a security classification of Baseline is mandatory.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant ICT, Business Administration, project management discipline or extensive industry contract management experience.
- At least 5 years demonstrated contract management experience working in a client-focused environment, application or process improvement and staff supervision/management is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM) principles is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian Public Service (APS) and Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) principles is desirable.
To apply for the role, candidates must provide:
- Written application (maximum 500-word response) outlining recent experience similar to the duties, as outlined in the positions Job Description.
- Current CV detailing recent ICT contract or project management delivery experience similar to the duties, as outlined
- Two current referees.