The Canberra Guide Now on the App Store
29 January 2013
The Canberra Guide, a smartphone app and mobile website for the National Capital is now available for download from the App Store.
Developed in collaboration between the National Capital Authority, ACT Government and the National Capital Attractions Association, The Canberra Guide allows tourists to plan their visit to the National Capital using a smartphone, tablet or other mobile device.
National Capital Attractions Association President, Heather Millard said many visitors have used The Canberra Guide over the holiday period.
'More than 2500 people have visited the mobile website since it was launched just over a month ago, and 750 people have downloaded it from Google Play,' Ms Millard said.
'With the release of The Canberra Guide on the App Store, iPhone users will now also be able to access information about attractions and events taking place in the National Capital,' she said.
'More than 3700 events and most of the major attractions are listed on the smartphone app' Ms Millard said.
'It is an easy, convenient way of finding out what is on around the capital, so we expect many downloads of The Canberra Guide ahead of continuing Centenary celebrations this weekend.'
Key features of the app include:
- Attractions searchable by proximity, alphabetical listing, map or category (arts, centenary, family, gallery,†heritage, museum, outdoors, science, shopping, sports)
- Every event listed on the Centenary of Canberra program available
- 30 minute tour suggestions for each attraction
- Location of facilities in Canberra, such as playgrounds, toilets, airports etc.
- Integration with social media