Have Your Say on Blundells Cottage Landscape Masterplan
1 May 2014
The National Capital Authority invites public comment on a proposed landscape masterplan for Blundells Cottage, located on Wendouree Drive on the northern shore of Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra.
The preparation of the masterplan was a key recommendation of the Blundells Cottage Heritage Management Plan prepared in 2013.
NCA Chief Executive, Malcolm Snow said the masterplan proposed landscape improvements in the Blundells Cottage precinct.
'Blundells Cottage was built in the 1860s and is one of the few remaining stone workers' dwellings that pre-dates the National Capital. It was originally part of the Duntroon estate,' he said.
'The masterplan will guide future works around the cottage to create a public environment that is informed by the site's history and strengthens its heritage values..'
The primary objectives of the landscape masterplan are to:
- Establish a curtilage and setting for Blundells Cottage that is consistent with its important heritage values
- Identify and enhance education and visitor opportunities
- Improve pedestrian/cyclist circulation and accessibility
- Ensure broader precinct and path integration in Kings Park
- Incorporate sustainability, construction and low maintenance design principles
- Allow for staged implementation
The landscape masterplan is available on the NCA's consultation website (www.nationalcapital.gov.au/haveyoursay) or it can be viewed at the NCA's offices between 8.30am and 5.00pm at Treasury Building, King Edward Terrace, Parkes.
A public information session will be held on 13 May 2014, from 12 to 2pm at the NCA's offices. Please RSVP by emailing email@example.com or calling 6271 2888.
Community feedback is invited via:
- the NCA's consultation website (www.nationalcapital.gov.au/haveyoursay)
- hardcopy submissions (GPO Box 373, Canberra ACT 2601)
- email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- on Twitter using @nca_media
Submissions close at 5pm on Friday 30 May 2014.