Have Your Say on NCA's Commitment to Community Engagement
28 October 2014
The National Capital Authority (NCA) invites public comment on its revised 'Commitment to Community Engagement'.†
NCA Chief Executive, Malcolm Snow said the document sets out how the NCA intends to communicate with people and organisations with an interest in the National Capital.
'The NCA remains committed to genuine engagement with the community because the value it provides us.'
'We have undertaken a review of our policies and practices with the aim of meeting the expectations from the community in how we engage with them, while balancing available resources in delivering the NCA's priorities.'
'The review enabled the NCA to explore best practice in engaging with stakeholders and interested parties when undertaking public consultation,' Mr Snow said.
A summary of the key revisions to the 'Commitment to Community Engagement' includes:
- the adoption of the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) model of best practice of engaging with the community
- undertaking joint consultations with ACT Government agencies where appropriate
- consolidating the protocols for assessing development applications
- additional commitments on consultation for major works within the areas of national importance
- improvements to the language, formatting and
structure of the document.
The revised Commitment to Community Engagement is available on the NCA's consultation website, Have Your Say.
Feedback is invited via one of the following channels:
- the Have Your Say consultation website
- by hardcopy submissions (GPO Box 373, Canberra ACT 2601)
- on Twitter using @nca_media.
Consultation closes at 4pm AEDST on Friday 5 December 2014.