Have Your Say on Old Parliament House Gardens Precinct
11 February 2014
The National Capital Authority invites public comment on a proposed heritage management plan for the Old Parliament House Gardens precinct.
The draft plan proposes conservation policies and implementation strategies which will guide the future management of the Old Parliament House Gardens, Magna Carta Place and Constitution Place in Parkes.
The Old Parliament House Garden precinct is recognised on the Commonwealth Heritage List. Once approved, the management plan will ensure that it is protected in accordance with its heritage significance.
The key recommendations contained in the draft Heritage Management Plan are that:
- A landscape maintenance plan be prepared to address detailed aspects of landscape maintenance
- An interpretation plan be prepared to communicate to visitors both on site and remotely the significance of the place and the stories associated with the Provisional Parliament House 1927 to 1988.
The heritage management plan is available on the NCA's consultation website or can be viewed at the NCA offices.
A public information session will be held on Monday 3 March 2014 at 12pm at the NCA offices. Please RSVP by emailing or call 6271 2888.
Community feedback is sought via:
- the NCA's consultation website
- hardcopy submissions (GPO Box 373, Canberra ACT 2601)
- on Twitter using @nca_media
Submissions close at 5pm on Friday 21 March 2014.