Mooring Permits for Lake Burley Griffin
The NCA manages Lake Burley Griffin and administers moorings on the Lake.
Moored boats (yachts, inboards, outboards and other vessels) add to the aesthetic values of the Lake. Enquiries can be submitted at any time, but mooring spaces are limited.
The following conditions apply for approved moorings:
- Mooring fixtures remain the property of the mooring permit owner and must be inspected and maintained yearly by an NCA approved service provider (at owners cost)
- The mooring buoy remains the property of the NCA
- Mooring permits are not transferable
- Mooring permits are valid for a maximum of 12 months and expire 30 June each year. Invitations to re-apply will be sent out in May
- Moored boats must be insured, kept neat and tidy and are subject to all Lake Burley Griffin boat permit requirements and conditions
- The NCA may at any time cancel the mooring permit and instruct the owner to remove the boat and the mooring at the owners cost
To apply, download the Lake Burley Griffin Mooring Guidelines and Conditions and Application form. Complete the Conditions and the Application form and send to email@example.com for consideration.
If you have any questions please call 6271 2858.