Own a boat?
Like to have it moored on Lake Burley Griffin?
Never new who to ask?
Here is your chance to apply for a mooring permit!
The NCA is currently seeking Expressions of Interest from persons who wish to moor a boat on Lake Burley Griffin.
Moored boats (yachts, inboards, outboards and other vessels) add to the aesthetic values of the Lake. Moorings are available in Orana Bay and are limited.
The following conditions apply for approved moorings:
- Mooring fixtures remain the property of the mooring permit owner and must be inspected and maintained yearly by an NCA approved service provider (at owners cost)
- The mooring buoy remains the property of the NCA
- Mooring permits are not transferable
- Mooring permits are valid for a maximum of 12 months and expire 30 June each year. Invitations to re-apply will be sent out in May
- Moored boats must be insured, kept neat and tidy and are subject to all Lake Burley Griffin boat permit requirements and conditions
- The NCA may at any time cancel the mooring permit and instruct the owner to remove the boat and the mooring at the owners cost
Mooring Permit applications are now being accepted. Download the Mooring Permit Conditions and the Application form below, complete and send to email@example.com for consideration.
If you have any questions please call 6271 2858.
Orana Bay is the southern end of Tarcoola Reach of Lake Burley Griffin and offers a sheltered mooring location for a limited number of boats.
Applications close Thursday 30 April 2018.
A wait list may be created should enquiries exceed availability.