If you wish to organise a march, procession or convoy using public roads, you should contact the Australian Federal Police and ACT Roads, Department of Territory and Municipal Services to make arrangements to ensure the safety of participants and the public.
- Here are some suggestions for your march:
- Assemble in a well-known place where parking is available,
- When planning your route, seek advice on safety and access from the Australian Federal Police and Roads ACT;
- Where possible, use footpaths;
- Do not make the march too long, as water, shade or shelter may not be available;
- Remember, Canberra experiences sub-zero temperatures in winter and can be very
hot in summer.