The Events Coordinator

National Capital Authority
GPO Box 373
Tel: (02) 6272 2888

The NCA can help:

  • ensure your arrangements do not clash with other planned activities;
  • arrange any necessary closures of roads or public places;
  • adjust land maintenance programs, including irrigation and mowing; and
  • arrange access to utilities such as electricity, water, rubbish bins and public toilets.

You must have written approval from the NCA before erecting any structures on National Land. This includes the land in the National Triangle and in the diplomatic areas of Yarralumla, Deakin, O’Malley, Forrest and Red Hill. The NCA also manages Lake Burley Griffin.

Australian Federal Police

You should contact ACT Policing on 131 444 when planning a protest. They can provide advice on, and assistance with safety and security matters and traffic controls.

  •  Security Investigations Diplomatic Liaison Tel: (02) 5126 9066

Parliament House Security Controller

  • Parliament House
    Tel: (02) 6277 5855
    Tel: (02) 6277 5999 (AH)
    Fax: (02) 6277 5726

You should contact the Security Controller before using land within the Parliamentary Precincts.

Canberra Urban Parks and Places

  • Tel: (02) 6207 0494 or 13 2281
    Fax: (02) 6207 6872

The ACT Government is responsible for managing the land outside the national areas. To discuss the use of unleased Territory land, contact the above telephone numbers.

Roads ACT

  • Tel: (02) 6207 6601
    Fax: (02) 6207 6872

You should advise ACT Roads if you wish to organise a march using public roads. The ACT Government is responsible for roads in the ACT, which are outside the national areas. ACT Roads can provide assistance with road closures and traffic management.

Translating and Interpreter Service

  • Tel: 13 1450

For assistance with translation and interpreting, the Service operates 24 hours each day.