Block 23, Section 33 Acton
Phase 2 Boardwalk and Land Reclamation
Following the close of public consultation and consideration by the National Capital Design Review Panel, the NCA requested the applicant to further consider the proposed landscape of the reclaimed land adjacent to the boardwalk.
As a result, a revised landscape scheme is proposed that includes:
- Removal of dryland grass and containerised tree proposal. This has been replaced with an open parkland setting with irrigation and 198 new trees planted in ground.
- Tree species adjacent to the boardwalk include a mix of deciduous and native evergreen trees, which grow to a variety of heights up to and beyond 25m.
- Installation of BBQ / picnic facilities covered by shade structures.
- Temporary toilet facility located next to the former bicycle hire building.
- Improvements to the existing cycle path junction points at Henry Rolland Park.
- Additional street lighting, bench seating, life buoy cabinets and small boat mooring points.
This Works Approval application has now been approved and the Consultation Report can be found below.