As part of the National Capital Authority (NCA), the National Capital Exhibition complies with the high standards set by the Australian Tourism Industry Council in its management of NCA Attractions, visitors and staff and has therefore been recognised as an accredited tourism business.
Book Canberra Excursions
The National Capital Authority has partnered with the National Capital Educational Tourism Project and eight other cultural institutions in Canberra to develop an online platform: Book Canberra Excursions.
We are now using the platform to book all school and non-school groups (adult social groups) into education programs at the National Capital Exhibition, Blundells Cottage and on guided walks throughout the National Triangle. This platform allows tour companies, schools and social groups to explore a range of programs in a variety of institutions in one place, making it easy to coordinate bookings and schedule itineraries, seeing availability online in real time.
The National Capital Authority education programs The Story of Canberra at the National Capital Exhibition and the guided walks How We Remember: ANZAC Parade memorials tour and Our Shared Journey: Reconciliation Place tour may now be booked as alternatives to the mandatory PACER institutions.
To talk to our bookings team, please email: email@example.com or phone 02 6272 2902
COVID-19 Protocols for School Excursion
The National Capital Exhibition abides by the guidelines for excursions developed for the National Capital Education Tourism Project. We cannot accept school visits without the required paperwork.
How your visit has changed:
- Only one school will be booked into the exhibition space per hour but we can accommodate up to 90 students from that school
- All students and teachers are required to sanitise hands upon arrival
- Usual entry remains the same but the exit is now via the lake side of the building
- No ‘hands on’ element to the program – a classroom resource has been developed to consolidate learning from the excursion and provide a creative, post-visit activity. It is available here.
- Program is 45 minutes duration to allow for cleaning surfaces between bookings
- Please do not bring school bags into the building