Bookings are essential for all schools
- Free education programs are available for all student groups visiting the National Capital Exhibition and Blundells Cottage. These can be made suitable for all years through primary and high school.
- Schools may also book guided walking tours of Anzac Parade and Reconciliation Place.
- Other walking tours available include the central basin of Lake Burley Griffin and Old Parliament House Gardens.
- Venue safety and public liability certificate available at Canberra Excursions
- Prepare students with a web based education unit on cities and capitals: A Capital Investigation
- Download a high school education kit here
- Download a primary school education kit here
No food or drink is to be brought into the National Capital Exhibition or Blundells Cottage.
Belongings must be left on the coach (if possible) or in a tub provided by the school.
Programs at Blundells have indoor and outdoor components, all guided walks are outdoors. Ensure students are dressed to suit the weather conditions on the day.
Please advise at the time of booking if your group has any special requirements. Blundells Cottage is not accessible by wheelchair but the guided walks and the National Capital Exhibition are.
Please confirm your booking and give final numbers, one week prior to the date of your visit. Telephone: 02 6272 2902 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are public toilets at the National Capital Exhibition and Reconciliation Place.
There is no toilet on Anzac Parade or at Blundells Cottage.
There are other toilet facilities in Commonwealth Park (near Rond Terrace) as well as at the Boundless Playground. Both are a short walk away.
Bus drop off and parking
There are bus or caravan parking spaces at Regatta Point, for the National Capital Exhibition. There is also a bus ‘drop off’ point close to the entrance.
There is no designated bus parking at Blundells Cottage. Buses should enter Wendouree Drive via Constitution Avenue, and drop students on the left in front of the Cottage carpark. Buses will then need to go to the end of Wendouree Drive near the National Carillon, to turn in the turning circle before returning to collect the children. There are limited carparks available for additional vehicles.
Blundells Cottage: for each group of ten students, one adult supervisor (teacher or parent) is required to accompany that group at all times. One segment of the program is not facilitated by staff or volunteer guides.
National Capital Exhibition: one supervising adult per 15 students.
All guided walks: one supervising adult per 15 students.
It is up to the school to contact the NCA to cancel a walk or program.
Indoor education programs will go on but in extreme weather, due to the size of Blundells Cottage, it is suggested rescheduling your visit.
Telephone: 02 6272 2902