The NCA manages the King George V Memorial located on King George Terrace within the Parliamentary Zone. Unveiled on 4 March 1953, the Memorial honours the reign of George V, the Australian federation and Australia's contribution to the First World War.
The NCA completed a stoneworks conservation program at the Memorial in July 2015, which included mortar re-pointing stone replacement, consolidation and cleaning. The project was guided by the NCA's Heritage Management Plan for the Memorial. The works ensure the on-going conservation of the Memorial.
Acknowledgement of Country
Our work is on the land of the Ngunnawal People, Ngunnawal Country. We pay our respects to their Elders – past, present and emerging.