The NCA offers a range of education programs over a number of sites. Most can be tailored to suit any year level, unless otherwise specified, and all have links to the National Curriculum (see attachments below).
- Visit the National Capital Exhibition to learn more about the past, present and future of the National Capital through two programs
- Follow in Walter and Marion’s footsteps and create your own ideal city. Using models, design your ideal city with buildings, houses and trees around Lake Burley Griffin. Canberra was designed and built from imagination. Let’s see what you can create in the interactive space, ‘Future of the Capital’.
- Grab a piece of the puzzle and explore why this farming district was chosen as the National Capital of Australia. Match the puzzle pieces with their locations on the map of New South Wales and discover why your capital is here today.
- What is Canberra to you? Is Canberra beautiful? Is Canberra cold? Is Canberra fun and exciting? Is Canberra somewhere you are proud of? We want to know. Leave your thoughts on a ‘Bag Tag’ and hang it on the wall for all to read.
- Book an educational guided walk to dig deeper into our Australian story
- Anzac Parade programs focus on the way we remember the service and sacrifice of the men and women of the Australian Defence Forces
- Reconciliation Place programs introduce students to the similarities and differences between the stories of Indigenous and European Australians through sculptures and other artworks
- Lake Burley Griffin programs offer an introduction to the story of the National Capital
For more information contact:
Phone: (02) 6272 2902