National Rose Gardens
These magnificent formal rose gardens are located to the north of Old Parliament House. Dating back to the 1930s, the Gardens incorporate a number of commemorative roses and are a popular venue for functions.
Further information and conditions of use
When you use the National Rose Gardens there are some conditions that you need to comply with. These are:
- No structures or signs are permitted without the prior approval in writing of the National Capital Authority. Tables, chairs and decorations are allowed, but must be removed immediately following the event;
- Ensure that any event related structures are erected on the event venue in accordance with the pre inspection site mark out of irrigation lines and sprinkler heads.
- Ensure there is no negative impact upon trees and vegetation in and adjacent to, the event area;
- Ensure a post event inspection of the area is coordinated following the event with relevant stakeholders for irrigation and landscape management;
- Ensure that if you are playing live music at your event you have acquired a licence from the Australasian Performing Right Association and the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia to cover any copyright issues;
- Your activity is to be managed in an orderly manner and the area left in a clean condition. It is the responsibility of the event organiser to ensure that the activity is safely conducted;
- The use of PA systems must not exceed standard domestic specifications. Larger systems will require additional approval subject to EPA conditions and event approval;
- Public access must be maintained at all times;
- All vehicles are to be parked in the designated parking areas. No vehicles are to be parked on grassed areas or the paved pedestrian paths of the Lawns;
- It is a condition of approval that the approval ceases when a delegate gives written notice to the holder of the approval, or to a representative of the holder of the approval, that the approval is cancelled. A delegate can give such notice as the delegate sees fit in their absolute discretion, including where the delegate considers that the event should not proceed due to safety or public health concerns; and
- Landscaped rose garden Event Parking; and
- Various public carparks in the Parliamentary Zone.
- No power at Gardens. Power available nearby at East and West Lawns (2 × 32A single phase; 6 × 15A single phase; 2 × 32A 3 phase).
- Public toilets located nearby (behind Lobby Restaurant).
For further information please refer to the NCA Event Organiser’s Safe Event Guide (Toolkit)