National Carillon Upgrade Works
Design and Construction
Temporary Road or Lake Closures
The National Carillon (the Carillon) is located on Aspen Island in Lake Burley Griffin’s Central Basin. The NCA undertook upgrade works to the Carillon in 2016 to enhance its role in hosting concerts, recitals and other events.
The upgrades included enhancing:
- external lighting to enable colour flexibility to the National Carillon facades;
- audio capacity for multi-instrument performances/concerts;
- improved access around the clavier (musical instrument) and practice clavier;
- video display capabilities for events; and
- internet broadcast capabilities.
The upgrade works were completed in September 2016.